Enter & Win – Sweepstakes Rules
1. How to Enter: There are two ways to enter (a) Subscribe (or renew) to Ironworks Magazine and automatically receive one entry in the Ironworks Magazine – Brass Balls Bobbers Giveaway Sweepstakes (Sweepstakes) and (b) No Purchase Necessary – mail a 3×5 card to Ironworks Magazine – Brass Balls Bobbers Giveaway Sweepstakes c/o Hatton Brown Publishers, Inc. P.O. Box 2268, Montgomery, AL 36102 include your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone numbers, and email address. Mailed entries must be received by January 31, 2009 11:59pm CST. Incomplete or illegible entry forms will be disqualified. Ironworks Magazine will not be responsible for lost, misdirected, late, postage due, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries, lost or damaged entry or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by participant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any technical, human or other error that may occur in the processing of entries. Incomplete, mechanically reproduced, automated or photocopied entries are not permitted and will be deemed void. Limit one entry per person/email address, regardless of entry. Any entries submitted beyond the limits specified herein, whether via entry form, mail-in or online methods are void. Entries become the property of Ironworks Magazine and will not be returned.
2. Eligibility: Open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (Eligible Entries). If a Winner cannot furnish verifiable and valid proof of age, and possess a valid motorcycle license within three (3) business days after being notified of winning, an alternate Winner may be chosen from among all remaining Eligible Entries received at Ironworks Magazine sole discretion. Employees of Ironworks or Brass Balls Bobbers, their parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliated companies, independent contractors, promotional agencies, and their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and those with whom such persons reside are not eligible to enter or win.
3. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: Winner will receive one (1) Brass Balls Bobbers Motorcycle (Prize). Taxes, gratuities, registration, deliver and any and all other expenses associated with winning said prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for the prize permitted, except by Ironworks Magazine in its sole discretion. Winner will be required to complete and return IRS W-9 form prior to taking possession of the Prize. Should Winner fail to complete and deliver to Ironworks Magazine IRS W-9 form within three (3) business days of notification, Winner will be disqualified and forfeit his or her right to the Grand Prize and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries.
4. Drawing and Notification: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received no later than January 31, 2009 by Ironworks Magazine or its designee, whose decisions will be final. Ironworks Magazine will attempt to contact the potential Winner by phone and/or email on or about February 15, 2009. (Ironworks Magazine will make up to three (3) attempts over a 24-hour period to contact the potential Winner by phone.) If Ironworks Magazine or its designee is unable to contact a potential winner by phone (using the contact information provided at the time of entry) and/or if a potential Winner fails to respond to notification within three (3) business days of Ironworks Magazine contact, such Winner will be disqualified and forfeit his or her right to the Prize, and an alternate Winner will be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries.
5. General: Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Publicity Release (where permitted by law), and return with a completed IRS W-9 form within three (3) business days of notification; entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes the Winners’ agreement to sign such releases. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and an alternate Winner may be selected from among all remaining Eligible Entries, at Ironworks Magazine sole discretion. The receipt by Winner of the Prize of this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER (at Ironworks Magazine sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILAGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDATELY TERMINTED. All federal, state, and local tax (including income tax) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Ironworks Magazine, which are final in all matters related to this Sweepstakes, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes of these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Eligible Entries received by Ironworks Magazine.
6. Limitations of Liability: Ironworks Magazine and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents of each (collectively “Released Parties”) disclaim any responsibility for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. Ironworks Magazine Reserves the right to cancel, terminate, alter sweepstakes duration, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE IRONWOKS MAGAZINE WEBSITE OR PROMOTIONAL PARTNER’S WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, IRONWORKS MAGAZINE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE ALABAMA COURTS (ETHER FEDERAL OR STATE) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY OF THE CONTROVERSARY REGARDING THE SWEEPSTKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ALABAMA SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the released Parties from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
7. Non-Endorsement: The use of any Ironworks Magazine trademarks, service marks, names, likeness and/or voice (collectively, “Property”) in connection with this Sweepstakes or award of any prize is not meant by Ironworks Magazine to imply the paid-endorsement by Ironworks Magazine or the representative owner(s) of such Property, or any affiliation of the respective owner(s) of such Property with the Sweepstakes.
8. Winner’s List: The name of the winner(s) will be posted at www.ironworksmag.com and www.brassballsbobbers.com on or about February 15, 2009.
9. No purchase Required: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Subscription purchases will not enhance chances of winning the prize. Void where prohibited.
10. Final delivery of Prize will be at Daytona Beach, Florida during Bike Week 2009.